Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 12 Post-Op

Just an update!

4/21- We arrived from San Diego to Miami. Flight was no problem. No pain...honestly, just tired of liquids :) and I was just beginning! I keep telling myself...I can do this!!!

4/22 - We drove back to our house in Central Florida from my Mom's house in South Florida. The 5 hour drive was not a problem.

4/23 - I started creamy soups today. I had clam chowder soup in a can. I swear it was the best soup ever! hehehe....

4/24- I was back to work. 14 hour shift! Again, no pain except for the annoying left shoulder pain.

Today, 4/27. I am off today. I am feeling okay. I had an optometrist appt but after that I just rested. I cannot wait to go on solids. Be strong...be strong...be strong!

Today, I decided where I will go do my first fill. I will do it at St. Petersburg FillCenterUSA. It will probably the first week of June. A colleague of mine recommended Dr. Jawad in Ocala, but when I called today, they told me that they do accept Mexico patients but it would be $250 for initial consultation. Then, it would be $100 if I need an adjustment +$50 office visit. So just for the first fill, I am looking at $400 and they do not even use fluoroscopy. At St. Pete, I think it is $375 and they use fluoroscopy. Plus, I heard the they have a great staff. So, there it is, I made up my mind, it would be in St. Pete for my first fill.

My weight...Actually, I feel like smashing my weighing scale. I was at 196lbs the other day...I was loosing. Then, it went up! But why? I barely eat anything...maybe I was not getting enough protein? Maybe I am retaining water? Anyways, I was reading the forums and it seems to happen to a lot of bandster. I would just try not to use my scale everyday. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment