Sunday, April 19, 2009

Suggestions of things to pack...

I knew I had questions on what things to bring with me to TJ. Here are some things in my carry-on suit case.

  • OCC paperworks
  • Passport (right now I don't think it is mandatory but starting June, I beleive it would be) and Driver's License
  • cash - mostly singles and fives
  • Pajamas
  • Undies - the comfortable ones
  • comfortable clothes - you really just need 2 sets of clothes because in the OCC, you will be wearing the clinic gown with the infamous paper undies
  • comfortable shoes - I suggest just wearing sandals or flipflops because bending over after surgery is a task...plus when you are staying overnight at the OCC, it is just more convenient to just slip on your sandals
  • toothbrush/toothpaste
  • The hotels have toiletries but I still brought some but it's not necessary - Lucerna has Neutrogena toiletries (facial soap, boady soap, shampoo,conditioner, and lotion). They even provide toothpaste if you forget yours. If you do bring liquids in your carry-on remember the 3-1-1 (3 oz containers in 1 oz ziplocks, 1 per passenger) rule in the aiport.
  • I brought my laptop - but OCC and the hotels have laptops for you to use. I just brought mine because I will be in San Diego for a couple of days after surgery.
  • My cellphone - note: OCC has phones where you can use to call US for FREE
  • chicken broth cubes
  • packets of crystal light
  • Gas-ex strips

Pack lightly. I just brough a carry-on and everything fit even though I will stay in San Diego for 3 days after TJ. Remember, when you cross the border to get back to the US, you have to lug your stuff around. And to tell you the truth, after surgery, you don't want to be carrying heavy items. If I remember something else, I will just edit this list later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment